2008 was quite the year.
I struggled through some hard times with the lifestyle change of being a mommy, having to get up 10 times a night, not being able to pick up and go whenever I pleased, bringing little love to therapy and doctors appointments non stop, feeling so alone, losing my dog, weight gain, husband lost his job, struggling to get a marriage certificate after two years of marriage and the government had no record of us ever being married. Money struggles, family issues, the regular stuff.
My accomplishments and happy times far outweigh my struggles. My little love and I have worked so hard this past year on his gross and fine motor skills and I am proud to say that he is now in the normal range!!! My Husband and I are so proud of him, he is our whole life. I have been so lucky this past year because my husband ended up changing careers and making enough money so that I could stay home and raise our son and make sure he gets to all his appointments and we do all the homework we get from his therapists. I witnessed my little loves first everything and that is so amazing, his first kiss, his first hug, first step, first word, you name it I had the opportunity to be there. I never understood the love between a parent and their child until I was a mom. Simply amazing!
We bought a camp this year in my hometown and it is our getaway. Buying a camp was a dream of ours for years and this past year it came true.
My goals for 2009
1. Get a babysitter at least once a month and go out with my husband
2. Run my 5k in May.. I mean run the whole 5K
3. Do something extraordinary for someone special
4. Eat healthy, drink enough water, keep running.
5. Declutter my house, donate everything I don't use or need
6. Save money for emergencies
7. Be in the best shape I have ever been in.
8. Be patient, loving and understanding to everyone I love
9. Help my son be the best he can be
10. Take a writing course.
11. Keep reading and better myself with every book
12. Smile and laugh and live in the moment
13. Make sure I let my husband know how much I appreciate him...everyday.
14. Keep my head high and stay confident when "someone" trys to get me down and sabotage my efforts.
OK I AM READY......COME ON 2009!!!!!!!!