Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I am going to try another 5k

I am contemplating entering another 5k. It is on Oct 4th. It is the Race for the Cure for breast cancer. I found out a friend of the family has breast cancer and is starting her radiation soon and thought this would be my way of saying I am here for you and I love you.
She already found out I was planning on running the race in her name and now I am a tad bit nervous. I have only a couple weeks to get my but in gear. I have been running three times a week but only 3km.
I am also a stay at home mom again which means I have to push a stroller as well. I did it for the first time today in a long time and my legs sure noticed the difference.
So I need a plan because I want to run this race and I have to beat my last race time which was just over 38 min. I know I can do it, I just need to find the strength and determination.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! Will you be racing with your baby and stroller? I train with my kids in the stroller sometimes, but have never raced with them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete