Friday, October 2, 2009

Feeling grateful today.

I didn't run yesterday, I just couldn't bring myself to put on my running shoes. I would have stayed in bed the whole day if I didn't have to chase around my two year old. I am a little tired and stuffed up today but good news is my body aches are gone.

So on that note I am going for a run today. Not sure how far but I am going. I am going to try to get it in this morning because the afternoon looks like it is going to be pretty busy.

I weighed myself this morning and was down to 152.5lbs which gives me a 6.5lb weight loss so far. Man I can't believe that I gained 20 pounds in such a short amount of time. In December of last year I was 139lbs. It is my own fault though. I let my emotions get the best of me and the emotional eating began, my exercise dwindled and I lost track of who I really and and want to be. I am glad I woke up before 20lbs turned into something more.

I have read some weight loss blogs recently and they inspire me so much. They are so strong yet admit when they mess up but get right back on track again. I admire that so much. It is nice to read about real peoples struggles and accomplishments that is what gives me that little push to try just a bit harder. I thank all of you for that.

I found out yesterday that not only my sister was coming to watch me race but my nephew and brother in law are coming to support me too. I know it is going to be an emotional race for me because I am running in honour of my brother in laws mom. She is just starting radiation. I am not sure if she is going to be there I kind of hope not because I am already weepy as it is and I would be so embarrased lol. I just found out yesterday that my mothers best friend got diagnosed with lung cancer and starts radiation and chemo in a week. That simply breaks my heart, all of these wonderful people getting the disease. This is hard on my mom because she just lost her father to lung cancer 7 months ago. So I will be thinking of them as well.

When it all comes down to it life IS so short. You never know what is going to happen to the people you love ofryourself so why do most of us spend our whole lives not being the best we can be at all times? We have to be grateful for what we have and learn from every experience we can to better ourselves. I definately have to take my own advice and it starts here.

Here's to wonderful days ahead!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment